Adding another branch to the Heath Awareness Club

Many teenagers feel more insecure and depressed than teenagers from 10 years ago. As a teenager, I know how it feels to be sad and dull because we all share a common culture and social aspects. It took me for a while to overcome these struggles. I tried so many things to bring myself up: talking to my friends, drawing, singing, dancing, shopping, and etc. However, those helped me temporarily. One thing I learned is that yes it matters how you express your feelings through different activities, but the most important thing is to have a healthy mindset. 

In 2019, we are affected by good looking Instagram models and think 'I am not pretty enough.' However, many of us do not realize that they are fake, and even if they really are good looking which isn't important at all. WE need to find ourself. We need to find our own self and love ourselves, and of course, I am not perfect either. However, I realized how worthy I am to this world and to my people. When I was in middle school, I tried my best to fit into the ideal beauty standards. I always envied for tall and lean body shape like models, and I really hated myself for not having those body types. I did not eat well, all I did was exercise. Also, my family pressured me for not having a nice body: especially, my brother, he always called me fat. I cried all day because I was hurt and did not know what to do. However, after I met my best friends, Laura and Brianna, I started to see my real value inside me because they always told me how I should love myself just the way I am. At first, it was really hard for me to accept myself. However, once I changed my mindset, I magically felt beautiful. Not only I started to love my body, but also I felt mentally calm. For example, if I had been working out to become skinnier, I started to exercise for my healthy self. I wanted more muscles rather than losing fat. Also, no matter how many times my brother called me a pig or fat, I honestly did not care about him because I realized nobody brings me down, and nobody gets to treat me like that. 

Now, some of my friends say that they want to be as confident as I am, and ask me about my secrets on how to remain confident. However, I never want to brag about it or ignore others because I am confident.  Yes, I am so proud of myself and with that, I want to help people to feel confident and more comfortable about themselves.  I want to guide people who are struggling to love themselves because I really do understand how they feel, and I've been there before. Even right now, when my friends ask for help, I help them. Therefore, I think it is going to be great if I add this idea to the school's Health Awareness Club. I think the club members will love it too. I really can't wait to see them again!

Comments